- Cut the Tomatoes open and scoop out all of the seeds, then chop them into small pieces, about ¼” wide.
- Cut the Bacon into pieces two to three inches in length. Fry them all together at once in a large frying pan.
- Just as the bacon turns crispy, remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Drain all but about ¼ cup of the bacon grease from the pan.
- Remove the bacon to a cutting board and chop it up coarsely into smallish pieces. Don’t chop it too fine.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of salted water. Cook the Pasta until it is al dente, and then drain.
- Put the frying pan back on the heat and add in the Onion and Garlic. Cook slowly just until the onion is translucent, and then add back in the bacon. Season to taste.
- When the bacon is hot, add in the tomatoes and cook just until they are hot and starting to soften.
- Pour the bacon mixture over the drained pasta and serve with a little grated pecorino.